Diana Martin (Guadalajara, 1979) is an artist who has been active for more than fifteen years.
She has exhibited in galleries, museums and cultural centers within and outside Mexico.
Her work is characterized by being deeply anecdotal and narrative. Her first book was published in 2012: “Juan Peregrino does not save the World” co-authored with Rafael Villegas.
She currently runs her own exhibition space, the Diana Martin Gallery, which is also her home and workshop, hosting events several times a year.
Main Solo Shows
- Las Historias, Galería Dr. Atl del Colegio de Jalisco, Zapopan, México (Sep 2015 – Oct 2015)
- Strange Acquaintances, Raúl Anguiano Hall, General Mexico Consulate in Los Angeles, U.S.A. (Oct 2012- Jan 2013)
- Gourmets Portraits, French Alliance of Guadalajara, Mexico. (Apr 2010-May 2010)
- Saskia in the Subway, Juárez Metro Station Art Gallery, Guadalajara, Mexico. (Noc 2009- Jan 2010)
- Mirna de Ciglia and her secret endless dress, Ruiz Rojo Art Gallery, Guadalajara, Mexico. (Jul 2007- Aug 2007)
- Anja Epitwee and her four-legged umbrella, Marziart Internationale Gallerie, Hamburg, Germany (Sep 2007- Oct 2007)
- A bird sings of the fourth floor, Casa de la Palabra y las Imágenes, Guadalajara, Mexico (Jun 2006- Jul 2006)
- Lavinia Borromeo, Casa de Ensueños Art Gallerty, Guadalajara, Mexico (Oct 2006- Dec 2006)
- Los Perseguidores, Art and Culture Forum, Guadalajara Mexico (Feb 2005- Mar 2005)
Main Group Shows
- Pocket divinities, imperfect spells, Ruiz Rojo Art Gallery, Guadalajara, Mexico (2008)
- October Salon, Former Del Carmen Convent, Guadalajara, Mexico (2007)
- LatinAmerican Art Auction MACLA, San José, U.S.A. (2006)
- Mail Art Show, Wilfredo Lamm Gallery, La Havana, Cuba (2005)
- Mail Art Show, Seni Gallery,Design and Art Faculty, Kuala Lumpur, Malasya (2005)
- Illustrations for the gender equity issue of Tierra Adentro CONACULTA (National Council for the Culture and Arts) magazine, Mexico (Apr 2014- Jun 2014)
- Illustrations for the Metaphors and Science article of ISEL magazine of Lomas de Zamora studies institute, Argentina (Dec 2013)
- Illustrations for Juan Peregrino doesn´t save the World short story book co-authored with writer Rafael Villegas, Paraíso Perdido publishers. Mexico (Oct 2012)
- Cover art for KY Magazine, Mexico (Jul 2010)
General and artistic studies:
- Graphic Design Technical High School, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara Center for Technical Studies. (1994-1997)
- Visual Arts Diploma Course, Colomos Cultural Center. (1999-2001)
- Watercolor workshop with teacher Emilio Galindo, La Casa de la Acuarela (1999-2001)
- Watercolor private workshop with teacher Luis Eduardo González (2001)
- Ink private workshop with teacher Francisco del Muro (2002)
- Engraving workshop with teacher Herculano Álvarez, P.T. Studio (2005-2007)
- Japanese language and shoudo workshop with teacher Fumiko Ogura, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara and Kyoto University of Foreign Languages (2000-2003)
- History of art private classes with teacher Sunny Montoya. (2004)
- Enamel used on copper plates workshop with teacher Maricarmen Gutiérrez, Casa Blanca Cultural Center (2004)
- Iconography, composition and art philosophy private tutorials with teacher Toni Guerra, Exágono Gallery.
- Engraving workshop with teacher José Gutiérrez (2010-2011)
Currently she works and runs her own exhibition space, the Diana Martin Gallery which hosts special art events every two months and started the Collector´s Program on October 2013.